3rd Biannual Conference
4 – 7 September 1997
Durham, North Carolina, USA
- Professor Roger Shuy, Georgetown University
- Professor Lawrence Solan, Brooklyn College of Law
Panel: Interpretation and translation in the legal field: Issues and perspectives
- Susan Berk-Seligson, U. of Pittsburgh
- Ronald Butters, Duke U.
- Susan Blackwell, U. of Birmingham, UK
- C. Rodolfo Celis, The U. of Chicago
- Carole Chaski, Justice Department, DC
- Jenny Chen, H.K.
- Roger W. Cole, U. of South Florida
- John M. Conley, U. of North Carolina
- Malcolm Coulthard U. of Birmingham, England
- A. J. Cramer, Federal Public Defender, DC
- Bethany K. Dumas, U. of Tennessee
- Diana Eades, U. of Hawai’i at Manoa
- Lois M. Feuerle, Office of Ct. Admin, NYC
- Bruce Fraser, Boston U.
- John Gibbons, U. of Sydney
- A. R. Gray, U. of Otago, New Zealand
- Gillian Grebler, Santa Monica, CA
- David G. Hale, Olin Corporation
- Sandra Hale, University of Western Sydney, Macarthur
- William Hewitt, NatÕl Center for State Courts, VA
- Chris Howard, Administrative Office of the Courts, MD
- Chng Huang Hoon, NatÕl U. of Singapore
- Magistrate Dennis H. Inman, E.D. Tennessee
- Jeffrey Kaplan, San Diego State U.
- Pamela Price Klebaum, UCLA
- Robert Joe Lee, Administrative Office of the Courts, NJ
- Bryan A. Liang, Pepperdine U. School of Law
- S. G. MacDonell, U. of Otago, New Zealand
- Keller S. Magenau, Georgetown U.
- Patricia Michelsen, Certified Federal Court Interpreter, VA
- Joanne I. Moore, Wash. State Supreme Ct.
- William OÕBarr, Duke U.
- Mami Hiraike Okawara, U. of Econ., Japan
- P. J. Sallis, U. of Otago, New Zealand
- Charles Stansfield, Second Language Testing Inc., MD
- Michael Walsh, U. of Sydney
- Weipeng Wu, CAL, D.C.
|ADVANCE registration fee||$ 100 US|
|Advance student registration fee||$ 70 US|
|On-site registration fee||$ 135 US|
|On-site student registration fee||$ 105 US|
|Banquet||$ 35 US|
|(All registrations includes three breakfasts, two lunches, and a reception.)|
Registration fees should be sent in American dollars to:
Mr. Charles Carson
IAFL Conference Coordinator
Durham, NC 27708-0018
(Those not residing in the USA can transmit funds in the form of a $100 travelers check made out to Duke U./IAFL Conference. Receipts will be mailed in return.
The conference will be held at the Washington Duke Inn, a luxury hotel on the Duke U. campus. For reservations, call, fax, or write the Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club (mention the conference): 3001 Cameron Blvd./Durham NC 27706/(919) 490-0999/Fax: (919) 688-0105/Reservations: (800) 443-3853.
Rooms are $98 US + 11% occupancy tax (for single or double occupancy; $10 additional for each additional person, up to 4 in a room). A block of 40 rooms will be held at this rate until 5 August 1997. If more than 40 people register prior to the deadline, they may receive our conference rate based on availability. Also, attendees can have the conference rate for up to two days before or after the conference, based on availability.
The conference begins on the evening of Thursday, September 4. It will conclude by noon on Sunday, September 7. Abstracts from IAFL2 (Armidale, Australia) may be viewed in the archives; abstracts and a preliminary program for IAFL3 will be posted here shortly.